• 1.2kg Whole Chicken
• 2 tbsp Jacoub’s Chargrill Seasoning
• 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp peanut oil
• Coriander sprigs, to serve
• Chargrilled lime halves, to serve
1. Place chicken, breast-side down, on a clean work surface. Use kitchen scissors to cut along each side of the backbone to remove. Place chicken breast-side up. Press down on breastbone to flatten.
2. Combine lime juice, honey and fish sauce in a dish. Coat chicken. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
3. Heat a covered barbecue on high. Brush chicken with oil. Season with Jacoub’s Chargrill Seasoning. Cook on barbecue grill for 5 mins each side. Transfer to a baking dish. Cook in covered barbecue using indirect heat for 1 hour. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins to rest.
4. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Sprinkle with coriander sprigs. Serve with lime halves.
If preferred, the chicken can be cooked in the oven at 180°C (fan assisted) for 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.