2 300g/10oz New York Strip / Porterhouse steaks (or other of choice, Note 1)
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
50g Jacoub’s Pepper Steak Sauce
1. Take the steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes before planning to cook.
1. Just before cooking, sprinkle both sides of steak generously with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat until smoking.
3. Add steaks and cook the first side for 2 minutes until it has a great crust, then flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes (for medium rare).
4. Stack the steaks on top of each other, then use tongs to sear the fat strip.
5. Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil to rest while you make the sauce.
1. In a deep saucepan, mix 50g Jacoub’s Pepper Steak Sauce to 500mL of cold water.
5. Serve immediately!
Letting a steak sit for at least 5 and ideally 10-minutes between cooking and serving improves the taste.